All posts by John Culvenor

A kitchen safety fable

Exif_JPEG_PICTUREOnce upon a time researchers found that many injuries in the home were due to kettles being left to boil dry.  Analysis of the accidents, that often lead to burns and fires, revealed that there were very small instances of malfunction of the kettles or the stoves and indeed the water usually behaved appropriately too.  Investigators have found that an unsafe act (leaving the kettle unsupervised) was the cause of the injuries in 88% of the cases. The success story … Continue Reading ››